How does My Food Program keep my data safe?
Knowing that natural disasters and cyber attacks can happen, and have damaged other cloud-based software, our security infrastructure was planned carefully to reduce that chance. At My Food Program, we know that your CACFP data is serious business. Do you worry about what happens to your data if there is a natural disaster? What about a cyber-attack? If you’re a My Food Program customer, you can rest easy knowing that we keep your data safe and secure.
When you have a critical document, do you ever make a copy and put it somewhere safe just in case? We do just that with your CACFP data. We take a full copy of all data at least once a day and store it. The “live” data and the copy of the data are stored in separate facilities – kind of like having a bank safe deposit box. If one of our facilities experiences a natural disaster, we can quickly restore your data from the backup copy.
Malicious programs, commonly known as malware, is a constant problem these days. We use several techniques to combat this problem:
- Be on constant alert for vulnerabilities in our software
- Detect suspicious changes to files
- Search for malware that is designed to hide
- Patch systems to keep them secure
We use Amazon Web Service (AWS) to house our data and we have a built-in load balancer. When you login to My Food Program you are directed to one of two identical copies of the website behind the scenes. This allows us to accomplish two things:
- A better customer experience because we have two websites to handle the traffic instead of one. This creates a quicker response time and is done automatically without any user intervention or interruption.
- Redundancy in case the website goes down. With two physical sites, if one goes down the surviving one takes the rest of the traffic. This ensures that you’ll always have access to My Food Program.
While none of these techniques guarantee perfect security, the combination of these techniques greatly reduces the chance of any significant downtime or security incident. In other words, your data is safe with us!