My Food Program is seeking sponsoring organizations of the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program and/or USDA Summer Food Service Program throughout the country to apply for our Strategic Partner Program. We are looking for sponsoring organizations that have a culture that embraces change, are energized by challenges and can provide honest and thorough feedback. Strategic Partners enjoy the use of our software at 50% off until June 30, 2023. Please see the Program Goals and Q&A sections below for more information.
We’re excited to announce the second annual My Food Program Strategic Partner Program. The goals of the strategic partner program are:
- Increase participation in the CACFP and SFSP. We hear time and again that recordkeeping requirements are a barrier to participation. We seek to change that and lower the burden of record keeping so more sites are able to participate.
- Lower the tangible and intangible costs of switching or implementing software. Tangible costs come from the expense of training sites and staff and changing legacy systems. Intangible costs come from the stress of wondering how your sites and staff will feel about a new system along with the worry of going through a state agency review using different software. That’s where our support can help! We want to craft our software so that it’s easy and intuitive for sponsor staff, site staff and state agency reviewers, but we need help to do that! We need to get in the weeds with you and figure out what changes need to be made so that we have the best product possible.
- Increase efficiency within your organization and the sites you sponsor. We know that our software can save you hundreds of hours of work, increase accuracy, reduce human input errors, and allow you and your sites more time to focus on your real job: providing care.
- Provide sponsors with time to liaison with their state agency as they implement or switch electronic systems. State agencies do not approve CACFP or SFSP software systems. This means that it is the sponsor’s responsibility to make sure that a software program can organize and report information in a way that meets recordkeeping requirements set by each state agency. That’s where our strategic partners come in; we want our partners to be trusted liaisons and local experts that can collaborate with their state agency to help us create forms that work for everyone.
This section will be updated as we receive more questions from potential applicants.
Our ideal strategic partner is a multi-site sponsoring organization. We would also prefer sponsoring organizations that sponsor more than one type of program (i.e. child care centers, family day care homes, emergency shelters, afterschool programs, adult day programs, summer food sites) although that is not a requirement. Sponsoring organizations do not have to be nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations. We would like sponsoring organizations with a positive, collaborative relationship with their state agency. However, above all else we’re interested in sponsoring organizations that truly want to improve their systems. We’re looking for sponsors that understand that organizations, especially nonprofit organizations, need to be run efficiently in order to achieve their mission. After all, you can’t help anyone if you’re out of business.
Celebrate! And reap the benefits of budget savings from half-price software through June 30, 2023 . We ask that in return for a discount on premier CACFP software, you provide us with specific and thorough feedback. We will collaborate with our strategic partners on the best way to gather feedback and from whom. Options would include online surveys, written feedback forms, phone calls, focus groups, etc. We are also requesting that you alert your state agency that you will be evaluating and potentially implementing a new software solution and invite their feedback to ensure a smooth state agency review.
There are no costs of any kind associated with being our strategic partner beyond the normal software subscription fees. As a strategic partner, you will receive a 50% discount on software through June 30, 2023. There are no setup fees, no annual fees, no development fees, no data access fees, no customer support fees, no maintenance fees, no cancellation fees.
We will offer our strategic partners the same level of support that we offer our paying customers. We are available by telephone, web chat and e-mail during from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Time on business days. In addition, we will:
- Import or enter all of your site and participant information
- Provide custom training materials to your sites
- Offer web-based training sessions for your staff
- Walk you through the claims creation and submission process
Is there a limit to how many sites we can add, how many staff we can add or how many claims we can create?
No. You can create as many sites and users as you like and create as many claims as needed.
Is there a dollar limit to the value of the software subscription discount? We currently spend thousands of dollars each month on software; can we really save that much?
There is no dollar limit on the value of the strategic partnership. In fact, the more you use the system, the happier we are going to be!
Absolutely not. You are under no obligation or contract to continue using My Food Program software after the strategic partner program is over. Of course we hope that you do, but the choice is entirely yours.
If we do continue to use My Food Program after the strategic partner program is over, what is our pricing?
You will have our standard pricing which is available on our pricing page.
Do I have to sign any kind of contract or agreement if I am selected for the strategic partner program?