Team Nutrition has released two new resources to help sponsors and operators of the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program.
Do your providers, centers or food service staff get confused about fluid milk requirements? They are not alone! This handy Milk Aide is a quick visual reminder of the different milk requirements under the meal patterns in the CACFP:
This resource is available in English and Spanish and Team Nutrition CACFP Organizations will be able to order this resource as a magnet at a later date.
Team Nutrition’s photo collection now includes 350 original photographs that can be used in CACFP training materials. The photo albums relevant to CACFP include:
- Child Care Recipes
- Food Portions
- Infant Nutrition
- Kids Cooking
- Meal Service
- Nutrition Education
Why use photos in your training materials?
There are many benefits to include images, photographs and other visual elements when you are putting together training materials. Just some of these benefits include:
- Visual appeal
- Helps learners understand how the material is relevant to them
- Helps learners understand complex topics
- Makes it easier for learners to understand and retain information
- Can be faster for learners to process compared to the same information given in text format
- Allows your training materials to engage visual learners
Why use Team Nutrition photos?
There are several important reasons why you should consider using the Team Nutrition photos instead of your own or those you can find online.
- No concerns about copyright. These images are specifically allowed for use for nutrition education. Some images that you find online could be copyright protected. Using Team Nutrition photos removes that liability.
- More efficient that taking your own! Staging, taking and editing your own photos can be a big investment in time and equipment. These professional photos are ready for your use today!
- Specific to the CACFP. It can be difficult to find photos that show situations that are common to CACFP operators online. For example, you might find a great meal service photo with smiling children, but then see cupcakes on the plates. Since cupcakes are a grain-based dessert and do not credit on the CACFP, it would be confusing to use that photo in your training.